Several suggested improvements to install.bash
Created by: bwu62
Things I think you should consider changing:
- Remove Xming install line at beginning of file. This seems to be specifically a Windows program and should not be hard coded into the automated install file.
- As of writing this, installing conda and then trying to conda install anything runs into SSL errors due to a change in pyOpenSSL. You need to upgrade it to at least 16.2.0 with
python3 -m easy_install --upgrade pyOpenSSL==16.2.0
- Conda installs should have an additional -y flag to suppress confirmation
- Lines 23,31 you shouldn't hard code your own home directory path.
- Line 25,31 please prepend any comments with a #
- Line 35 I don't think you need to install aptitude just to install build-essential. Why not add build-essential to line 36 and do both at once?
- Lines 73,74 are python code and do not belong in a bash file